Thursday, August 16, 2007

NYC on 57th


We had a great travel day yesterday - no flight troubles, great car service guy (Jose) who was helpful and generally fabulous.

Our room at the Hotel 57 is total Euro mod. Lots of faux suede and frosted glass. Nice beds with lots of feathers (this must be the upscale hotel trend of the 21st century) and lots of high design stuff. Ikea style closets, vessel sink, and lots of polished limestone in the bathroom. The bathtub itself a not luxe - just a small porcelain enameled tub that has a chip on the outside - such an interesting corner to cut!



But they have free internet and that is okay.

We are up to our usual wrangling of too many conflicting agendas and not enough will in anyone to press theirs, so we do a lot of that buzzard stuff from Jungle Book - "what cha wanna do? I don't know. What you wanna do? I don't know, maybe we could eat breakfast. Naw, I just want cereal. Do we take a cab or the subway? I don't know, it would cost $10 either way, but your choice...." Arrgh!!!

We had a lovely dinner at a trattoria a block from Gildas's apt. Sophia ate her weight in ravioli, spaghetti, and flourless chocolate cake. I had a fabulous bass that was broiled and served with garlic and olive oil. Yum.

More later. I'll post pictures if I get a card reader.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I can't believe Sophia ate anything. Don't she and Hannah live on air?