Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Walk to Holgate (South)

Went for a walk with Sam this morning when the birds and Claire were up but the rest of the household was still abed. The rain has stopped, but there is a sturdy North Easterly wind at about 12 mph (2 knots or thereabouts), and it bites at the ears when you are walking back up the island. Tide is pretty high right now, and so I hope that the wind will drop some and we can get to the beach.

Have put aside The Amber Spyglass as I discovered it was a first printing of the first American edition - that means that if I can get a first/first of The Subtle Knife I can make some $ off of them as a first/first set if they stay in fine condition. The cover of TAS is fragile with a cut out on the front, so I'll check out a copy from the library to finish the reread.

So, I'm back to rereading Pride and Prejudice. Such a hardship. Maybe I just don't like the post-modern novel (gasp! heresy in an English teacher!).

Heard that the house sitter is doing fine and that Sky in whining. So, everything is apparently normal.

No comments: