Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sun, sun , sun, here it comes...

Finalmente! Sunshine, surf, smiling children, sunburn! We finally had a beach day. We repaired to the beach at high tide for wave jumping, sunning, and general merriment. We got salty, sandy, and sleepy. The waves were challenging, especially as you were trying to keep your footing as the water ebbed out and another wave came crashing in. I got stuffed only once, but worked hard to stay on my feet.

Tonight we had a feast for Sam - giant shrimp and a delicious steak. Corn (from the ACME in case you are curious), favorite beans, jasmine rice, roasted carrots, cake [a secret family recipe - Betty Crocker] and Edy's fudge swirl ice cream.

Must run down and get our gifts [lite] for Sam. With many promises for cooler things when we get home, we have birthday tokens for Sam.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I hope Sammy got my birthday message on his phone. I hope he had a great birthday!